Research in Practice is committed to promoting positive outcomes for children and families, young people and adults through the use of research evidence.
We aim to achieve this by identifying effective methods of understanding and using research by providing services to a collaborative network of committed agencies.
We will strive to ensure that our equal opportunities objectives are supported by:
- Promoting evidence-informed practice across a broad range of professionals, volunteers and others working with children and families, young people and adults.
- Testing, evaluating and developing inclusive methods of promoting evidence-informed practice, which others may adopt and take forward.
- Inclusively providing training and learning opportunities for staff and participants.
- Arranging events and activities that are accessible to target participants from a range of disciplines, roles and backgrounds.
- Ensuring that our work is appropriate to our purpose and ensure quality by monitoring and evaluating the impact of what we do and the progress made by our network in relation to promoting equal opportunities.
- Seeking participation from groups and organisations that will encourage innovation, experimentation, evaluation and review.