During the lockdown period we have been working to adapt our menu of in-house workshops into online learning packages for Research in Practice Partners.
Designed to support evidence-informed practice, the online learning packages are an effective and engaging way to provide professional development and to meet organisational challenges and needs. Each online learning package will provide at least three hours of continuing professional development (CPD), which will include three key elements:
Part one: Filmed resources
Focused on topics from the in-house workshop menu, the filmed resources will be split into 15 minute chapters (one hour total), enabling flexible learning, alongside a worksheet with activities and reflective questions throughout. Partner organisations will be able to access these filmed resources online, for all topics, over the course of a year.
- Workforce development leads can use the materials within their local training programmes.
- Assessed and supported year in employment (ASYE) leads can build in the filmed resources into CPD programmes.
- Team managers, supervisors and practitioners can access for individual CPD, team-based learning and to meet learning needs identified in supervision.
Part two: Live online seminar
Part two of the online learning packages offers interactive learning to embed knowledge. Delivered by experienced facilitators, these one hour interactive sessions for up to 12 participants (delivered three times in the same day, 36 delegates in total) will engage the group to:
- Reflect on the evidence presented in part one.
- Plan for implementing the learning into practice.
- Enable the exchange of practice expertise between peers and colleagues.
Part three: Feedback
Feedback on the seminars will be provided to participants, as well as a follow-up resources with further activities and links to relevant materials.
Online Tailored Support
Research in Practice Partners can select one online learning package per day of their Tailored Support allocation.
Communications will include information for participants on how and where to access the filmed resources and inform Link Officers of the date, timing and online meeting room for the live online seminar. All participants will need to engage with the filmed resources prior to attending the seminar.
We will offer three live seminar sessions (for example, at 10.00, 1.00 and 3.00) on the agreed delivery day, for up to 12 participants per session, enabling flexible opportunities for participants to attend. We recommend the online platform used for these live seminars is either Microsoft Teams or Zoom (this will discussed at the time of booking).
We would encourage Link Officers to:
- Chose an online learning package that meets local training needs.
- Agree a date and online platform with our events team and share information with participants, ensuring colleagues engage with the filmed resources, and sign up to one of the three live online seminar sessions.
On the day, participants will ensure they have viewed the filmed resources, login to their chosen seminar session and on completion and return of a short feedback survey, will receive a certificate with confirmation of three hours CPD completed.
This flexible approach to learning and development will enable individuals and teams to access high-quality, evidence-informed learning opportunities and the peer-to-peer knowledge exchange that feedback consistently tells us is highly valued by workers. New online learning packages will continue to be developed over the coming months.