Our work is steered by the Partnership Board. The expertise represented ensures that our work is robust, responsive and relevant to the emerging needs of the children and adult sectors.
Our work is driven by the priorities of the Research in Practice network to ensure that our programme of learning events and resources are shaped by the network. Our work is also steered by the Partnership Board, and the expertise represented ensures that our work is robust, responsive and relevant to the emerging needs of the children and adult sectors.
The Partnership Board is made up of representatives from member organisations, policymakers, academics and others with specific relevant expertise.
The Partnership Board provides:
- Expert advice and performance review of Research in Practice as a ‘critical friend’.
- Strategic advice regarding work plan, methods, business development, partnerships, quality and collaboration.
- Ambassadorship and advocacy for Research in Practice.
- A strong focus on the priorities of the sectors that Research in Practice serves.
- Horizon scanning for opportunities and risks.
- Facilitated connections with key stakeholders – in particular the Association of Directors of Adult Social Services (ADASS) and the Association of Directors of Children’s Services (ADCS).
- Jenny Coles, Director of Children's Safeguarding and Specialist Services, Hertfordshire County Council
- Sarah McClinton, Director of Adult Social Care, London Borough of Camden
The Co-Chairs hold responsibility for:
- Governance – supporting the strategic link between the Partnership Board and Dartington Hall Trust.
- National policy level activity.
- Recruitment of Partners and staff.
- Andy Couldrick, Chief Executive, Birmingham Children’s Trust
- Seona Douglas, Director of Adult Care and Health Services, Reading Borough Council
The Vice-Chairs hold responsibility for:
- Ensuring a focus on practice in topic and delivery programme planning.
- Partner / customer advocacy.
- Deputising for Chair/s.
Partnership Board members
- Janet Boddy, Professor of Child, Youth and Family Studies, Centre for Innovation and Research in Childhood and Youth, University of Sussex
- Lucy Butler, Director of Children’s Services and Interim Director of Adult’s Services, Oxfordshire County Council
- Michael Clark, Research Programme Manager & Associate Professorial Research Fellow, NIHR School for Social Care Research, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Jo Davidson, Principal, The Staff College
- Glen Garrod, Executive Director of Adult Social Care, Lincolnshire County Council
- Richard Humphries, Senior Fellow, Policy, The Kings Fund
- Carole Kaplan, Transformation Programme Director, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- Vicky Petrie, Head of Social Research, Department for Education
- Sara Tough, Executive Director of Children’s Services, Norfolk County Council
- Carol Tozer, Director of Adult Social Services, Isle of Wight Council
- Danielle Turney, Professor, School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work, Queen’s University Belfast
- Teresa Williams, Director of Strategy, CAFCASS