Work with us
Work for our team at Research in Practice.
We believe that by taking an inclusive approach to our recruitment we are more likely to attract a diverse pool of talent and experience. Appointments will always be made on merit and performance in the selection process, however we try to take active steps to reduce the barriers that some people can face in applying for roles.
We take a 'Positive action' approach to recruitment. Positive action refers to a range of measures and initiatives that we hope can encourage more diversity within the application stage. These include:
- Offering an interview to any candidate from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic background, and/or people with disabilities, if they meet the majority (two thirds) of selection criteria
- Offering an opportunity to meet (including virtually) with a member of the team informally, so that candidates can get to know us, our working culture and explore our values (please note this would not include specifics of the role)
- Offering virtual interview and selection processes (or where possible travel expenses) for any candidate that might face barriers to attend in person.
If you would like to discuss any of the above or if a potential applicant requires something else to help them overcome barriers, we will be happy to discuss. Please contact the Business Support Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Our ambition is to provide an inclusive working environment and to celebrate and promote diversity. We are committed to ensuring a working environment where everyone feels safe, valued and able to thrive. We also offer a range of family friendly and inclusive working arrangements such as:
- flexible working
- 25 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays)
- work at home arrangements
- option to purchase/sell additional annual leave
- stakeholder pension
- training and development
- enhanced maternity, paternity or adoption pay.
We will reflect, review and amend our practices above based on our learning and would welcome feedback from candidates to help inform us.
Research in Practice is based from our main office in Devon, situated on the Dartington Hall Trust estate. In additional, we also have an office in Sheffield City Centre as well as offering remote working for many roles.