More than faith - Muslim-heritage children in care: Strategic Briefing (2022)
This briefing aims to support senior managers in meeting the needs of Muslim-heritage children and young people in care. Although it is aimed at senior leaders and managers, the content is of relevance to anyone working with Muslim-heritage children and young people.
The briefing draws upon research and illustrative case examples, and comprises the following sections:
- Introduction and terminology
- Diversity of the Muslim faith
- The importance of cultural identity and lived religion
- Children and young people’s intersectional identities
- Overcoming challenges to meet the needs of Muslim-heritage children and young people
- How can professionals support Muslim-heritage children and young people in care, and their carers?
PQS:KSS - Analysis, decision-making, planning and review | Relationships and effective direct work | Communication | Confident analysis and decision-making | Shaping and influencing the practice system | Developing excellent practitioners | Support effective decision-making
PCF - Diversity and equality | Knowledge