Social care, housing and homelessness: Adults Partnership Conference
When housing and social care work together, we are able to provide integrated support that is more effective and person-centred. As well as working to address the immediate needs of homeless people, we play a crucial role in helping people to transition towards stable accommodation and improved wellbeing.
This year’s online adults Partnership Conference will consider how colleagues from across housing and social care can best support people experiencing homelessness and other housing needs.
The conference will include sessions on:
- How to better support and empower disabled people to overcome social or attitudinal barriers in relation to their individual housing needs and preferences.
- Trauma-informed practice and how we can apply these approaches when working with adults around housing and homelessness.
- Radical safeguarding for people experiencing homelessness, and how social justice struggles inform both homelessness work and social care.
- Supporting LGBTQ+ people* in housing and social care and the steps that your organisation can take to improve access to support.
Confirmed speakers include:
- David Yeandle OBE - Social Care Future
- Gill Taylor - Independent Reviewer, Researcher and Facilitator
- Ellie Atkins - Manchester City Council
- Adi Cooper OBE - Local Government Association
- CK Kpiaye - Haringey Council
- Dr. Jason Schaub – University of Birmingham
- Carla Ecola - Outside Project
- Alex Green - West London NHS Trust
- Dr. Lindsey McCarthy – Sheffield Hallam University
The Partnership Conference is aimed at people working in adult social care and housing from across the Research in Practice Partner network, including Heads of Service, practice leaders, workforce development leaders, team managers and practitioners.
Each adults Partner can book up to four places at this conference, request a place by selecting the button above.
We encourage housing colleagues from local authorities to join the conference, please share information with them. If you are working in a two-tier authority and your housing colleagues sit in a district authority, they can access places through using your organisation’s guest accounts. To make use of this option, please contact your organisation’s Link Officer.
For queries and information please contact our events team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This conference will be delivered using MS Teams. Please note adding this event to your calendar does not confirm your place at this event. Details of how to access the event will be sent a week before only to those with a confirmed place.
Workforce development teams
Principal Social Worker (PSW)
PQS:KSS - Person-centred practice | Safeguarding | Direct work with individuals and families
CQC - Effective | Responsive
PCF - Diversity and equality | Rights, justice and economic wellbeing
RCOT - Service users
* We have used the term LGBTQ+ here whilst acknowledging the diversity of words people use to describe their sexualities and genders.